How to Embed a Video (Step-By-Step)
- Before you begin, your basic HTML tags must be assembled in your program, these are as shown in the photo below:
- Establish an HTML5 video player with the "< video>" tag below your header (if you have one) or body tag.
- Start a new line and enter what is called your "source tag", this will detail the video's file location and media type for the computer to process.
- Once you have your source tag, in quotation marks add the name of the desired video file from your directory directly after the equal sign of the source tag.
- Next, include the file type of your video by putting down "type=" and then the file format in quotation marks directly after, followed by a right facing arrow to close. Since all Youtube videos are in MP4 format, my file type would read "type="video/mpeg", but for other types, you must use other values-- for .ogg files use type="video/ogg" and for .webm files, use type="video/webm".